Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

swimming in the rain.

What a glorious feeling, swimming in the rain!  That was going through my head this morning when we pelted out our sprints as the heavens opened above us.  The boys loved camping out under the shelter in kids club for a picnic and then getting gloriously muddy in the breaks between showers, thankfully they washed off in the pool before heading into the car.  I can't believe how lucky I got with kids club, the ladies who run it really enjoy hanging out with the kids and let them play and explore the area which is shaded by big trees, has more bikes and contraptions on wheels than most kindergarten's and a huge sand pit for all the kids to drive trucks through.  It makes my day and spending time in the pool so much easier when I know that are happy too.

I felt good at swimming today, no flippers again and I noticed that it seemed easier than Monday.  I am not sure if I have lowered my expectations or if a bit of strength training concentrating on my upper body is starting to pay off.  Whatever it was it felt great to be more confident.

Tomorrow is cycle day and I am so excited!  I haven't been on the bike for weeks and even though it will mean a very early start so I can fit it into our weekend plans it will be great.  I am not sure how far I will go or how fast but I am not concerned about that right now, I just want to get onto it and get some practice in.  Fingers crossed the rain stays away.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment