Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Beach day.

A few years ago, as my Grandparents health started to decline and they are unable to travel independently we have celebrated Christmas early on the Sunshine Coast.  It is always a lovely day, to spend a big amount of time together as a family without the rush of people needing to leave to different engagements on Christmas day.  It also helps that they live directly opposite the beach.


This is our Christmas, and just like the actual day we enjoy presents, eating ourselves silly and then afternoons spent on the beach.  For as long as I can remember my Grandparents have lived in this house, and there are lots of fun memories here waiting for me whenever I walk through those doors.  It is a joy to now see my boys also experience the love within those walls.

Oh, and also the beach, no matter what the weather we visit to the beach, just as I did as a little girl.



There is always energy to run off before the drive home and nothing brings a smile faster to my face than to see my children running along the same beach that I once did.  A day spent here fills me up again, ready for anything.



No comments:

Post a Comment