Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Run and run and run.....

I have a few posts that I really want to sit down and write, but I just can't seem to get them right in my head just yet.  I need to process our new FIFO life, when we commenced FIFO last year, it was only a contract, nothing permanent and we had a loose end date in sight, now that it is permanent, even though the roster is much more manageable it feels big, and hard, and busy.

However, my training continues, I ran on Tuesday and today (Thursday), Wednesday remained my rest day this week even though I am down a day thanks to the public holiday.  I surprised myself on both runs, I have been feeling tired thanks to a teething toddler and new routines with back to school so put no pressure on myself to run fast or manage all the hills.  I ended up running my 8th fastest time on Tuesday and 14th fastest time today.  Colour me surprised!

Tuesday:
Distance: 5.5km
Pace: 5:55/km
Time: 32:17

Thursday:
Distance: 5km
Pace: 5:59/km
Time: 29:51

It is swimming tomorrow and after a week off I am looking forward to the water, I just wish the sun would come out again and the wind go away.  Oh, and if Hugo could stop waking up at 4:30 my life would be so much more pleasant.  Thank goodness for coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment