Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Poppy comes to visit!

Friday morning deserves it's own post and I will get to that, but thankfully Friday afternoon made up for it big time!

My Dad, commonly known as Poppy around here arrived after a 6 hour drive.  The excitement from Otto was palpable.


These two don't get to see each other as much as either of us would like but when they do, my goodness the fun they have.  My dad always wanted a little boy, and while I am positive that he wouldn't give either myself or my sister back, the fact that he now has two little boys in his life thrills him no end.  

There is magic in all grandparent relationships and dad has the great ability to go from playing with trucks to imaginary tea parties with stuffed animals thanks to all his previous experiences with my sister and I.  A man's man with an excellent raised pinky while sipping tea out of a spotted tea cup is surely hard to come by.

We headed off to the Ipswich rail museum on Saturday for a morning of train fun.  Is there any almost 3 year old boy that isn't obsessed with Thomas and trains in general?  This household currently lives, breaths and reads about Thomas to the point of insanity (mostly Han and I's mental health is at risk!).


Not sure who had the most fun, Han, dad or Otto!  The little nipper section was especially popular with everyone, I couldn't believe how brilliant this museum is, so cheap ($40 for a year pass) and only 20 min from home.  I can see a lot of trains in our future!




Hugo just took it all in as usual, I kept thinking that it wouldn't be too long before I am chasing both boys around this place and nothing could make me happier.







Topped off by a lovely afternoon stroll in the crisp weather before tucking into a pork roast, life can't get much better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment