Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

I can do hard things.

That has been my mantra for this week, Han left very early Monday morning and won't be back to way past their bedtime tonight, solo parenting with an almost 3 year old and a 12 week old baby has not been my idea of fun.

Don't get me wrong it hasn't been all bad, we have had some wonderful times over the week, but those crazy hours just before bed? Well they are a whole lot worse with only one person working to get everyone to bed and two little people working against you.  To top it off we are now ending the week sick and my children always skip the memo that says you need to rest when unwell, so I end up with over tired sick children.  I bet you can already hear the wine bottle opening, because as soon as those children give in to sleep tonight I am opening a very nice bottle and giving myself a pat on the back.


As you can imagine we haven't done a huge amount this week (unless you count not sleeping!)


I knew I was in trouble when this happened Monday morning, before I had even had my first coffee.  Oh and that was only his hands I didn't manage to take a picture of the rest of it.  

The best thing about this week has hands down been the weather.  It is only a few days until Spring but it decided to come early and give us a bit of a taste and boy did I like it.

I am pretty sure Otto did too, it has been a while since I have tasted the goodness that is a rainbow paddle pop!




By the end of the week Otto was getting good at perfecting his pout while sitting in time out and got even better at scrubbing paint from the brickwork after many futile attempts to convince me that the birds and monkeys from the jungle came and did it.  I will give him ten points for imagination though.


And Hugo?  He has traveled through this week all smiles, even though he decided to throw me some crazy sleep antics in the middle of the night and during the day.



Someone looks mighty happy to be sitting up in the pram now doesn't he!  It must be nice to be able to look at something other than the ceiling.

The minutes are ticking by and my partner in crime and life will soon be home, and you can bet he is on baby and toddler duty tonight!


(excuse the dodgy iphone pictures I am sure to one day stumble upon my camera charger again)


No comments:

Post a Comment