Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Ticking off a new goal.

Today, after being woken by Hugo at 4:30am with a request to play trains (how about a loud resounding NO) and not long after by Otto demanding that I fix his blankets as he found them too "confusing" I wasn't feeling very enthused to head to work and then a run along the river.  Thank goodness there is always coffee.

After finishing for the day I got changed without thinking about it and set off along the river, it is one of my favourite places to run, especially on a day like today with the sun out and a slight breeze, a perfect 22 degrees.  I wasn't paying too much attention to my running app, I was mostly watching for cyclists and enjoying the view, thinking about how great it is to be able to live in such a gorgeous city and how thankful I am to be able to run there, when suddenly an update came through and I realised that I was running at my goal pace, a pace that I have been working towards for months!  I only had two km's to go and knew that I had it in me, suddenly my thoughts changed to keeping on pace and attacking the run, the whole time with a huge grin on my face, I could do it, I knew I could.

And I did, I danced a victory dance right there on Coronation Drive, I don't care who saw me, I had finally cracked it and it felt good.


Yep, 5 min/km, a year ago I would never have dreamed of being able to achieve that and I am proud of those numbers, they show a lot of hard work and determination.


And I am still beaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment