Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Getting my groove back.

So tomorrow is menopause day as I have started officially calling it in my head, I am hoping to start the day off happy with my normal morning swim squad session before a coffee and play with Hugo.  I am trying hard not to concentrate on the fact that this rules any chance of a baby out for six months, instead I am focusing on my wonderful family, and the training and running goals I have for this year, but, it is exhausting.

Keeping a happy persona all day for everyone around me when sometimes all I want to do is scream is tiring, keeping busy for the kids has been at once my saving grace but also difficult when I just want to crawl back into bed and mope.  Don't get me wrong, it isn't all bad, the happiness isn't all forced, just sometimes, but that is life, and I really am very lucky.

I have taken the last few weeks off running and training, a few sessions here and there but slow and steady, nothing to really write about.  I finally decided that this weekend I would get going again, I have no need to be cautious while training and on this medication so I may as well chase those goals down and get excited for them, back to Parkrun it was.  Considering it was almost a month since any serious training had been done I wasn't optimistic and mostly just wanted to see how I would go.

I am pretty happy with the results, 27:28 my slowest run to date but not by much and I am happy to cut myself a bit of a break, the best part was that I had a great time, felt the happiest I have in the last few weeks and reminded myself why this is such an important part of my week, but also my sanity.

Menopause, I am ready for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment