Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

In just a few minutes Han will walk through that door, I will kiss him hello, pour a glass of wine and relax.  It has been a crazy, hectic, fun week here and I am ready for some back up over the next two days.

I have noticed this week that hopefully the slightly cooler weather and darker mornings have allowed both boys to sleep until 6am which has been such a relief, I can't say how much I hope the mornings of 4:45am are over, at least for a little while.  We have been going slower, Otto's stumbles in with a book, Hugo cries and demands milk and "cuggles", and how could I refuse!  We all end up back in the big bed for at least half an hour, me slowly waking up, dreaming of the day they can make me a coffee and the boys full of questions about what kind of fun we are having that day.


Nothing special really happens, but this week almost all of it has felt special (well, except the tantrums and fighting).  We have had fun, taken random trips out of our normal routes, I have napped more when Hugo does and Otto is having quiet time and all of us are reaping the rewards.



Parenting 80% of the time on your own isn't always easy and there are days when I question how well it is going, but this week, we did alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment