Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

30/52, 31/52, 33/52

Time to catch up, life has been busy sorting out a new routine where I am the primary parent for long stretches of time.  I haven't been taking as many photos, and the amount of feelings, thoughts and ideas I have to write here are starting to cloud my mind.  So I am back, well for now anyway.

30/52.



Otto:  This was the first week of just the three of us, you struggled.  I felt so bad for you, obviously missing Daddy but unable to process it all.  We got there in the end, the visits with the animals helped, I could hear you talking to them about missing Daddy, you were so gentle.

Hugo:  When I uploaded this photo it suddenly hit me that the baby really has gone, you look like such a little boy now.

Our first week on our own was hard, Otto and Hugo didn't really understand what was happening and where Han had gone, no matter how hard we tried to explain.  I missed Han and he missed us, it was a reminder of exactly why we said we would never do it once children came along.

31/52


 

Otto: Ah, one day little boy girls are going to swoon over those eyes and lips, until then it is my job to find you oh so loveable.

Hugo:  He looks so cranky with the idea that he smooshed a lid up to his face.  Sums him up pretty perfectly, our family has a comedian.

This week we found our mojo, it helped that Han was only gone for a short while and could show Otto that when he went away he would be coming back again.

33/52



Otto:  Your happy place is the beach, the weather was so warm and with Daddy leaving the next day we decided to make the most of it.  I am so pleased we did, as it was one of those rare but much anticipated perfect days.

Hugo:  You are warming to the beach, I can understand why, it must be so scary to hear those waves crashing and sprinting up the beach toward you.  Soon little boy you will love it just as much as Otto.

This was a perfectly amazing day, I was so grateful for it and the photos I took.  ( more coming later).  A wonderful family day before Han left for a long stint.

No comments:

Post a Comment