Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Done.

The last 24 hours have been hard.  To remain a good mother I have had to draw from deep within.  Nothing shocking has happened, no one is terribly sick or hurt.  No, not that.  They are just driving me mad.

Yesterday afternoon Otto decided to give the bathroom a nice big long bath.  He was mindful though, to shut the door after turning the taps full on with the plug in the sink.  We were making muffins at the time and 15 minutes into it he told me he was going to check on the water, I am sure you can imagine my dismay when we opened the bathroom door only to find water cascading down the vanity and seeping into the carpet on the other side.  The positive was that I was made to clear out the mess that was our bathroom cupboard and it is looking much neater.  I am still, however soaking the water up and doing load after load of towels in the washing machine.

The night continued in its downhill spiral with Hugo waking me up 6 or 7 times, I am not exactly sure of the total, it really all became a blur after 3am.  I shouldn't be surprised though, our once excellent sleeper is anything but lately, please dear God let it be a stage.  If I thought that was a bad start to the day it really didn't get any better, Hugo has slept in 20min cycles, all. day. long.  and it has been a very long day!

They are lucky they are cute.


Now excuse me while I go and pick up a highchair and car seat.  Yep, my life is exciting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment