Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Triathlon training.

A few days ago, I woke up well before the sun, while my children and husband slumbered under their warm sheets and blankets dreaming of another day ahead, I was on my way to a triathlon club training session.



The night before I was all packed up, everything laid out ready to go, the car packed and sorted, I was a mixture of nerves, excitement and disbelief that I had signed myself up to attend.  Ever since the miscarriage last month my training has been off, I have been unmotivated and unable to face my goals as I constantly run them up against where I would have been in my pregnancy and no one wins at that game.  Something had to be done, I know I need time to grieve but I also needed to feel good about training for something again, and have confidence in myself.  To give myself a kickstart I have signed up for a triathlon club in my area, due to schedules I am only able to attend once a fortnight so I was intrigued to see if it would be worth going.

The short answer is yes!  It was hard work but it taught me so many aspects of both triathlon and running that I wasn't aware of, it was great to get out in a group, even if I was amongst the slowest and the coffee after was worth it.  I have a long way to go if I want to feel good about my performance at the end of the year, but I am hopeful that I am on my way.

Next up, marathon school!

No comments:

Post a Comment