Pages

Friday, May 2, 2014

Inside play.

So today was meant to be the last of the warm weather, the only catch was that it also included some rain, swimming lessons were on the schedule and desperately needed to be attended after a few slack weeks, so off we went.

The boys had so much fun and were incredibly muddy and sandy by the time I picked them up from kids club and headed to their lessons, a sure sign of a good hour spent playing with other kids!  After some piping hot pea and ham soup we made our way home, only to discover a severe weather warning to be issued for the afternoon.  Cue hysterics from mostly me about what on earth I was going to do with them for the long and solitary hours until bedtime!

Kinetic sand was the answer (I sound like some badly worded advertisement), a few months back a friend of mine who owns Finlee and me kept raving about this new product she had started selling, and normally I love her taste and fall in love with the amazing products she finds, but I was dubious.  I thought surely it was just like Play-doh, or normal sand, I just didn't understand what was so special.  Eventually she brought some along to a play date and let the boys have some fun, only then did I understand how amazing it was to work with, and how the kids responded to the texture.

It has come out a few times since then and each time it is a hit, the boys are really careful with it, and even when they aren't it is so easy to clean up as the sand will stick together.  This afternoon it saved my sanity as both boys played with it for over an hour, making it into so many different imaginative scenarios I was astounded.





I have been reading blogs for long enough to understand that some people are paid to review products and I just wanted to be clear that I wasn't asked to do this nor was I paid in any way to write this, it is my own opinion.

And my verdict is that the product, while not essential for child development, it is a great tool to have as a parent when you need something different to help entertain.


Also, I kind of like playing with it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment