Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Spaghetti Painting.

This idea has been circulating the blogs for a little while and one day I decided to go for it and try it out with Otto.  I was dubious at first to give it a go as spaghetti is his favourite food and I wasn't sure if he would be able to handle not eating it.

My trepidation was well founded, for this to be a success I had to make an extra little bit of spaghetti for him to munch on while painting!  I cooked the spaghetti bound together at the top until slightly soft but able to withstand painting.





Otto enjoyed the painting but the whole project didn't last too long, there were tantrums over not eating the spaghetti with paint on it, and I don't think I will do it again any time soon.  Luckily it doesn't take much time to set up or clean up.

Otto was very proud however to gift it to Poppy later that day and explained the process of making it to him really well.  I thought the finished product looked really effective, so I might file it away and try again in a few months.


No comments:

Post a Comment